Eeeek! November has finally arrived! I'm excited because it means two things: Snow should be arriving soon (hopefully) and in 16 days it will be my birthday!
With the arrival of November, I'm starting to form some new goals. Basically, I'm a bit stuck and frustrated with my 'progress' but I'm also debating whether I really want to give up even more just to be smaller.
This week, I went to my doctor's for my physical, and while it wasn't my worst doctor experience, it was still frustrating as hell. She told me my weight (which was just such a bad thing, the last few days has been a bit of a rollercoaster) and gave me the spiel about my BMI being high and how I should count calories and blah blah blah. Apparently, I'm the exact same weight as I was 6-8 months ago. I really could go on and on about how doctor's take that number, and BMI (WHICH WE ALL KNOW ISN'T a good measure) and don't focus on my perfect blood pressure or blood work. I am healthy when you look at that. Good blood sugars, good cholesterol, good thyroid, etc. Sigh. My other favourite comment had to be "Oh, beautiful tattoos, do you want to be checked for HIV?".
Now that the rant is over. What are my goals?
1. Blog 3-5 times per week. Half the time I don't think I have anything interesting to say, but I have to remember this blog is for me, not everyone else in the world.
2. Naked run 3 times per week. No, I don't mean run naked. I mean outside, without gadgets, and just going for as long as I think I can. No more numbers.*
3. Stretching! Remember to stretch. I love stretching, but I felt like I didn't have time for it over the last month or so. That way of thinking lead to a very angry back.
4. Monitor my water intake. Try for at least 4 water bottles at work, and another 4 glasses while at home.
5. Decrease the wine. One glass, 3 times per week.
*I know if you read this blog, you probably think I should give up on running already, but I really want to fall back in love with it, and I fully intend to do another duathlon
Okay guys, I think that's all. Hopefully I can make November and December my best months!