Thursday 12 July 2012

No Excuses

Tomorrow is my first 'official' weigh-in day.  Ahh.  Okay, so I didn't really follow my own goal this week and peeked a couple days ago, but it could really go any way!  We'll see tomorrow!

I am the queen of excuses.  It's pretty bad.  The biggest one is 'I'm tired' or 'I'm training'.  I plan on starting to full out Du train again August 6, but before then I really want to make sure I'm losing weight to be a little lighter for my Du.  

I have odd work hours.  Officially, I'm supposed to work 12-7 or 8, 4 days a week, with Friday being 10-6.  Unfortunately, Tu/Th often end up with me at work a lot earlier.  And refusing to get out of bed in order to exercise.  I go through my day dragging my feet and kicking myself at 10pm when I'm sitting on my couch beating myself up for not being active.

To tell the truth, I'm usually hanging on my couch from 8-11 not doing a single productive thing.  It's time to start changing that.

Today (Thursday), I ended up having a 9:30-7pm work schedule.  Le sigh.  I set two, TWO alarms.  One at 6:30, and one at 6:50.  After a fitful night's sleep, I just couldn't get out of bed in time.  The thing is, THERE ARE NO EXCUSES.  I did get up at 7:20 and could have fit a quick body weight/cardio in but I didn't. 

Luckily, I had a nice 2 hour gap in my schedule and not a TON of paperwork to do.  So I sucked it up and did 2 rounds of this crazy workout:

Yes, I'm all over pinterest!


I was hot, sweaty, and tired by the time I was done, but it was such a good afternoon pick-me-up and it gave me so much more energy!

I'm actually hoping to head over to the gym on my way home tonight and get some weights in.  We'll see what the night brings.  But it's high time I stopped being so damn lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment