Sunday 15 July 2012

Sunday Mini Goals and a Recipe

With the start of a new week, comes new goals to attack!  

1.  Blogging -  This week I want to formulate a plan for this little blog of mine.  I need to get a solid handle on what I want to blog about on certain days so it's not so damn random all the time.  I also really need to work on a graphic header to make my blog prettier and some extra pictures for things!

2.  Food - My goal for the week here is quality.  I have a habit on days I have calories left over on MFP to reach for chocolate, froyo, or some other not great for me but certainly tastes yummy treat.  Friday was certainly one of those days.  Yogurty's was screaming my name, but so was Oh She Glow's peanut butter smoothie.  I choose the smoothie.   It may have even had a few extra calories compared to the froyo/sorbet, but it was much better for my insides.  

I'm working on quality foods rather than how many calories I eat.

3.  Work-Outs - I need to work on moving every day still.  I really like the 5-4-3-2-1 workout, so I may try to do 1 round of something similar each day.  On top of that, I'm doing weights right now as well because I love them.... so I'll eventually get around to talking about that here.

4.  Kelly - I need to make some time for the things I love.  This week, I want to try to do my makeup before work each day!  It seems so easy (hello What Not to Wear's 5 minute face) but it's so often the thing I forget to do.
  
 Citrus Shrimp Salad
It took me about 24 years to like salad, and another 2 years or so to actually like fruit in my salad.  This salad has the perfect amount of salty, sweet, and peppery flavours to convert me.

Ingredients:

1 container of arugula
10-15 shrimps
10-12 fresh green olives
1 orange, segmented
1/4-1/2 red onion
Crutons

Dressing/Marinade
*note, I didn't measure while I made this, I tend to go by taste, so taste as you go
Juice of 1 orange
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Whisk marinade ingredients together, coat shrimp reserving approximately 1/4 cup for the dressing and marinade for 1-2 hours. 

I sauteed my shrimp, but they would have been better grilled.  

Combine salad ingredients, toss with dressing, and serve!  

Easy Peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment